One of the best things to do on a trip to the Smoky Mountains is to head out on some of the hiking trails. There are plenty of trails that offer amazing scenery, and you might even stumble across a waterfall or two. Hiking the trails is even more fun when you can bring along your furry four-legged family member! Having your dog along for the trip is easy when you book one of the pet-friendly cabins in Pigeon Forge.
Check out these three awesome hiking trails, and these three awesome cabins that allow dogs in Pigeon Forge. Then you will be well on your way to planning the perfect Smoky Mountain vacation.
Hiking Trails in the Smokies
Whether you are headed to the mountains with your entire family in tow or with only you and your dog, you will find plenty of quality hiking trails at all levels near the pet-friendly cabins in Pigeon Forge. Here are three trails that you may want to check out:
- Cove Mountain Trail: If you are traveling with small children, Cove Mountain Trail is an excellent hiking spot. It is not very strenuous and mostly on flat ground. Plus, there is a creek and wooden bridges to play on. Once you get to the end of the trail, you will be greeted with a stunning view of Cataract Falls, a 20-foot tall waterfall.
- Laurel Falls Trail: If you are looking for more waterfalls, the Laurel Falls Trail is the perfect destination. Roundtrip the hike is only a little over two miles, but the rewards of the waterfall are well worth the hike. One thing to keep in mind when hiking to Laurel Falls, this trail is known to be visited by bears. Make sure everyone in your party stays close and keeps their eyes open.
- The Gatlinburg Trail: Your four-legged buddy is welcome to join you on the Gatlinburg Trail which will make everyone quite happy. This is one of only two trails in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park that allows you to bring your pup. You can hike through the trees for hours without having to worry, and then you can all head back to the cabins that allow dogs in Pigeon Forge for a big dinner (and probably a nap!)
Pet-Friendly Cabins in Pigeon Forge
Now that you have ideas on where to hike, you need to figure out where to stay. These cabins that allow dogs in Pigeon Forge will have all the amenities you need, and they come in different sizes to support all of your two-legged family members that will also be along for the fun.
- Hanky Panky: This pet-friendly property has one bedroom and one bathroom. It is located just off the Parkway in Pigeon Forge in the Riverport Resort area. Guests will love the real log cabin design and the plethora of amenities such as a hot tub, fireplace, and cable TV.
- Mountain Bearadise: A two bedroom home that is just moments away from all the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg attractions. Guests to the cabin can sleep peacefully in the king-sized beds. Plus, there is a hot tub, covered deck, and a pool table to keep everyone entertained.
- Hidden Treasure: For larger parties, there is the three bedroom cabin called Hidden Treasures that easily sleeps six. Guests love the large deck that comes with a great view of the area. There is a pool table to keep the kids entertained, and there are rocking chairs for just enjoying the slower mountain pace.
Pigeon Forge Cabins for Families and Pets!
Alpine Mountain Chalets is happy to offer cabins of all sizes. Travelers to the Smoky Mountains don’t have to leave their beloved family members at home when they book one of the cabins that allow pets in Pigeon Forge! Let Alpine Mountain Chalets help you discover the ideal accommodations for your pet-friendly vacation.